This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Wednesday 2 March 2022

Ghost Station


 I actually finished this a few days ago but this is the first chance I have had to post it up. This is another in my The Big Sky series and I have returned to a favourite subject, the abandoned gas (petrol) station. This location does not in fact exist as it is made up of different elements of the real and imagined but is basically set somewhere in the Desert Southwest. I have been searching for a "look" to my work for quite a while now and this combination of the dark unsaturated foreground set against glowing luminous skies seems to be getting me closer. I am looking for a certain poignancy to the pictures and do not want to just paint pretty pictures as such although I am looking for elements of beauty... without being pretty. Maybe a difficult fine line to navigate.

I think I have enough paintings now that make a coherent grouping to make a start on seeing if I can get some gallery interest in the USA.

Oil on linen 30" x 20"

There is a step-by-step progress through this painting including the colours I used in earlier posts on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment