This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Sunday 20 March 2022

Station Blue


 After a bit of a gap since the last painting (see Stage 1 on this blog) I have got on with another in The Big Sky series and returned to an old favourite the abandoned gas (petrol) station. I wanted a bit of Maxfield Parrish in this one and used his trademark colour complementary of blue and orange. I was looking for a painting that was about design and colour and was hoping for the shapes to be strong enough to push it towards abstraction (at least in my terms of abstraction as far as my work goes!).

The painting is mainly made up of glazes and stopped adding them when I had got to the contrast I was looking for, I wanted it basically dark but still showing some detail. I'm actually quite happy with this one and have decided to use the same colours and feel for the next painting, another Orientalist piece.

Oil on linen 22" x 16"

There is a step-by-step progress through this painting including the colours I used in previous posts on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment