This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Saturday 30 January 2021

Naomi - stage 2


 Still waiting for "Tideline" to dry so getting on with "Naomi". I gave the background another glaze of Alizarin Crimson to deepen the colour and the started work on the face and hair. The plan is cold highlights and warm shadows but that is all relative when working with such a hot palette so I've stopped here and will have a look at it over tomorrow morning's breakfast coffee and see where I need to go. 

Colours used were: Alizarin Crimson, Burnt Sienna, Permanent Orange, Manganese Violet, Naples Yellow, Cadmium Yellow Light, Lead Tin Yellow Lemon, Zinc White and Warm White.

No comments:

Post a Comment