This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Tuesday 25 August 2020

Richmond Park - stage 1

 

Continuing with painting more foliage and trees etc for a while this one will be hopefully quite dramatic when I start to get the colour down. I lived in Richmond many years ago and often walked in the extensive Richmond park nearby, in fact sometimes I walked through to Wimbledon Common which you can do once you cross a road, it's pretty much continuous. Planning on thicker paint with a bit more texture than normal... but we'll see, these paintings seem to have a will of their own!

This is the tonal underpainting stage which was first "drawn up" with a small bristle brush using a mix of Burnt Sienna, Transparent Oxide Red and Winsor Violet thinned with Liquin and then the same paint mix was applied with a rag when the "drawing" was dry in the afternoon

Oil on linen 22" x 16"

1 comment:

  1. Bookbub is the best marketing for your book. Try to be flexible with the promotion date. Ask them for any suggestions to improve. Also, having 100+ reviews helps. Try https://usbookreviews.com for reviews.

    ReplyDelete