This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Monday 10 August 2020

Going Home

 

I am taking a little break away from The Big Sky series as I have enough for the moment and need to address some niggling thoughts about how I need to reintroduce some aspects of how I painted say ten years ago with thicker paint and more lighting effects. So I am going to keep using purely transparent paint for the skies but try and introduce a bit more painterliness into the foreground. This one is only halfway there but it has given me the trigger for the next painting to push things further.

Rush Hour in Anywhereville USA and all the commuters are leaving town at dusk to go back home after work, a blaze of tail light reds as all the cars head home. Inspired by a car journey leaving Washington DC at dusk, this one has a lot more bustle and human activity than usual and as such I will group it with the Roadside America series.

Oil on linen 20" x 16". There is a step-by-step progress through this painting including colours used in previous posts on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment