This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Saturday 12 January 2019

While The City Sleeps - stage 1

This is a follow-on from the previous painting and will use much the same colours as it's another moonlit cloud picture this time of Venice but will have more lights on in the buildings (I actually added a few lights on the river bank in the last painting and will post the revised version tomorrow).
Venice is not really the subject of the picture as such as it's all about the sky and the way it's painted (in line with the mantras stuck to my easel, see previous posts). 
This stage was first "drawn" up with a small bristle brush using a mix of Burnt Sienna and Manganese Violet thinned with Liquin and then with a rag using the same paint mix I put in all the tone, rubbing out the clouds with a clean rag. 

No comments:

Post a Comment