This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Friday 27 January 2023

The Night Owl - stage 1


 The sixth painting in my "Snow" series this one kind of follows on from the last one with the Edward Hopper influence - there is a sideways nod to Hopper in the title too...

I'm combining my "Snow" series with my inclination to having a solitary light on in a building at dusk or nighttime with this one. I want something very moody, probably in desaturated blues (apart from the orange light in the window) but who knows, the last one was meant to be like that but it just went it's own way. I will definitely be giving it a transparent blue wash over the whole painting (apart from the lit window) first and then .... desaturated blues?

This is the tonal underpainting stage using my usual mix of Burnt Sienna and Dioxazine Purple thinned with Liquin and applied with a rag and flat brush.

Oil on fine cotton 16" x 12".

No comments:

Post a Comment