This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Monday 9 January 2023

Chang Rila

 


The first painting of 2023 is another in my Winter series that I am now renaming as the "Snow" series as that is what this series will be about. 

This one is a fantasy landscape of Bhutan with the the building based on Bhutanese architecture and the background Himalayan peak being from a different area of this mountain range... it's a fantasy right?!... I was originally basing this on the Alpenglow light effect on mountains at a certain time of the day but once I had painted in the mountains against the sky I liked it as it was and didn't want to f*** it up so I left it like that and changed things accordingly. This is the advantage of working for yourself as you are your own Art Director and can change things without clearing it with somebody else. I will try the Alpenglow effect on another painting later on in this series.

Oil on fine cotton 16" x 12".

There is a short step-by-step progress through this painting in earlier posts on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment