This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Thursday 12 May 2016

The Gilded Prison

Another painting that has come out of my recent visit to India, the title refers to this being the view of the Taj Mahal from Agra Fort that Shah Jahan had when he was imprisoned by his son Aurangzeb in Agra Fort, in some style I may add, right to his death. I have set the painting at the end of the dry hot summer as the first rain clouds start to form heralding the arrival of the Monsoon season.
It is based around a Yellow/ Violet complementary colour combination with the addition of some Greens that always go well with Violets (every colour in this painting has some Manganese Violet mixed into it-apart from the White in the sky).
This is a painting that I may take to IlluXCon later this year. Oil on linen 18" x 24".
There is a step-by-step progress through this painting in previous posts on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment