This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Sunday 1 May 2016

The Faery Queen - stage 7

A couple more glazes of Alizarin Crimson have now been applied and tomorrow I should be ready to paint in all the tree branches which will then get a further red glaze on top of that. I intend to incorporate Naomi's astrological symbols in her chart so her moon sign (Cancer) will go in at top, I have incorporated a scorpion tail into a tree root (her Rising Sign is Scorpio) and she will be looking down onto her Sun sign (Aries). It is important to remember that this is a portrait of a real person but in a Fantasy setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment