This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Sunday 15 May 2016

Land Of The Storm Nymphs - stage 3

Today was the day to put down some colour to give me an idea how the basic tonal design is going to work. Already I can see where the clouds should be lower and darker and I can see that I need to unify the elements in the foreground where the rocks and trees meet the sea foam.
The distant mountains at top right are an introduction of some influence from the Hudson River School, so all in all, lots of references to Victorian-era paintings in this picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment