This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Wednesday 31 July 2013

Terri 4 - stages 1 and 2

While "Stockbridge 6" dries between glazes I have moved on to another figurative painting that again is a continuation of a series began in 1996 when I was using a lot of different golds in my work at that time. I found this kind of work was not viable in terms of the prices they sold for compared to the amount of time it took to paint them so I ceased doing them and moved on to pastel (and digital) and of course later on to oil. Terri is the name of the model that I used to use a lot in those days and while I continue to experiment with some decorative figurative paintings I am using some old reference photographs from those days. After first being "drawn" up in Ultramarine Violet thinned with Liquin I applied a coat of Deep Ochre (again thinned with Liquin) and dropped bronze powder onto the wet paint which spread out when blown and brushed to form a uniform warm gold background.


No comments:

Post a Comment