This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Thursday 4 July 2013

Seafront Twilight

It only took me a day to finish this, whether it's because of working on canvas I don't know. Like the last painting I have used no medium (Liquin of course used on the first day block-in in this case), just the paint's consistency out of the tube and enjoyed the way it went onto the surface. As ever (when does the learning curve of oil painting level out?) I have realised that I have a lot to learn about painting on canvas but will persevere as I like the way it forces me away from being too finicky and overly tight due to the surface being so broken up compared to board. Oil on canvas 16" x 16".

No comments:

Post a Comment