This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Tuesday 30 July 2013

Stockbridge 6 - stage 4

Applied a glaze of Permanent Rose to the background and another layer (glaze) of "black" to the darks. After some more work on the face and body I called it a day to let it dry for the next glaze to be painted tomorrow. As glazing slows my painting process down I have decided to get on with another figurative painting so that I can move from one to the other thus avoiding wasting time waiting for a layer to dry. I am glazing the background as I want an intense colour which cannot be achieved any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment