This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Friday 6 October 2023

Chisen Shoyu - stage 1


 I forgot to photograph the earlier stages so what you see here is after the first colour pass after the initial tonal underpainting. This one is intended for my slot this month (23 October) on Every Day Original so I have gone back to the smaller size for this one. I'm hoping to keep it soft and desaturated to suit the misty rainy setting.

Colours used: Phthalocyanine Blue, Phthalocyanine Green, Dioxazine Purple, Indanthrene Blue, Burnt Sienna, Permanent Orange, Zinc White and Warm White.

Oil on linen 16" x 12"

No comments:

Post a Comment