This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Sunday 15 October 2023

Bestine Bazaar - stage 1


 This is actually at a stage after the initial tonal underpainting and is actually the first pass of colour on the sky and some preliminary tone on the buildings etc.... forgot to post the earlier ones....

This painting came out of some photographs some friends had taken in the new Star Wars area of Walt Disney World which showed the architecture and buildings of the planet Tatooine with Islamic lanterns adorning them which reminded me of my own Orientalist paintings. This made sense as the original Star Wars buildings are based on North Africa an area where I have already painted quite a few in these locations. It seemed the obvious next step to combine these two elements together as I wanted some variety in the subject matter for my paintings going to IX this year - as it turns out of course I am unable to attend so this will join the rest of them in a solo show on the IX Gallery in November.

Colours used: Phthalocyanine Blue, Phtalocyanine Green, Permanent Orange,  Dioxazine Purple, Burnt Sienna, Zinc White and Warm White.

Oil on linen 22" x 16".

No comments:

Post a Comment