This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Monday 9 October 2023

Chisen Ame


 This one is intended for my upcoming slot this month (23 October) on Every Day Original, after this I will get back to work on paintings for my online show in November on IX Gallery. I wanted a rainy/misty atmosphere for this one with a sense of mystery with the lights near the shrine, are they from lamp posts or are they something else?....

I kept it pretty desaturated using mixes of colours as opposed to using neutral greys with the title approximating the Japanese for Rain Garden.

Oil on fine cotton 16" x 12"

There is a short step-by-step progress through this painting in earlier posts on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment