This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Wednesday 29 March 2023

The City Awakes - stage 1


 Although intent on leaving this series for a while "The City Awakes" came to mind as the obvious next picture to paint and I thought that it would be a nice coda to the current tranche in "The Sleeping City" series. I'm debating about how many (or none) cars and people to put on the road. The fact that there are quite a few lights on in windows may or may not be enough to get the idea across - I guess these decisions will be made over future breakfast coffees.

This is the initial tonal underpainting stage using my usual mix of Burnt Sienna and Dioxazine Purple thinned with Liquin and applied with a rag and flat brush.

Oil on linen 22" x 16".

No comments:

Post a Comment