This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Wednesday 15 March 2023

All Nite - stage 1


 I have tried this idea a number of times but couldn't get the right composition for it until now so here goes.... I think this might be the last for the moment in my "The Sleeping City" series but I will definitely return to it, I just feel it is time to do a different theme for a while as I don't want to repeat myself.

I suspect that I am going to be sick of painting windows after this one so maybe it is a good time to move on although I do have some ideas for a different series of city nocturnes so we shall see. I like the idea of a solitary all night bar in the middle of a dark and deserted city although I might have a light in a window somewhere.... The city will be a bit surreal and dreamlike as it will be unnaturally deserted and dark with the architecture a bit 1950s Gotham City in style.

This is the initial tonal underpainting stage using my usual mix of Burnt Sienna and Dioxazine Purple thinned with Liquin and applied with a rag and flat brush.

Oil on fine cotton 16" x 12".

No comments:

Post a Comment