This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Friday 31 May 2019

Winter Hedgerow - stages 2 & 3

Stage 3
Stage 2 was rubbing with a rag a thin glaze of Permanent Sap Green mixed with Liquin and Lukas Number 5 Medium over all the painting and then taking out some highlights with a small bristle brush dipped in clean turpentine. As I had used Lukas Number 5 I was hoping that it would then dry for the afternoon's session, it did.
Stage 3 was basically working in transparent colour (Permanent Sap Green, Alizarin Crimson and Permanent Orange) to emphasise shadows and start to give things some more form. It's meant to be subtle and low key and I'm not sure yet if it's working but even if it's a failure I will have learnt something without spending too much time on it. Nothing ventured nothing gained as they say.

Stage 2

No comments:

Post a Comment