This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Tuesday 14 May 2019

Snaketree - stage 1

I will be doing a couple of smaller tree paintings trying things out for an upcoming figurative painting called "Dawn of the Hamadryad". I learnt a few things from an earlier smaller painting from the beginning of the year called "Elies Dendro" and am taking these further. I quite like the monochrome stage as it is now and may do one of these again just in that form but for this one I will be taking it further even though I might spoil it because I have a certain look I'm trying to attain and it has to be in relatively full colour.
This stage was painted in without any drawing underneath as I wanted it to be spontaneous and organic like Nature. I used a 1/2" synthetic brush pushing around a paint mix of Burnt Sienna and Winsor Violet mixed with plenty of Liquin. Some paint was then removed with a small bristle brush dipped in clean turpentine.

No comments:

Post a Comment