This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Thursday 30 May 2019

Winter Hedgerow - stage 1

I am just painting this before going on to "Dawn of the Hamadryad" as the idea just popped up and felt duty bound to try it. It might not work out but it will be useful for "Dawn...." so hopefully I won't be wasting my time. I want this to be more of a pattern with one tone pretty much across the whole picture although I have included a fairly dynamic compositional use of the tree trunk etc so it should be lively...and subdued...at the same time...
Stage 1 is the tonal underpainting pushing around a paint mix of Burnt Sienna and Winsor Violet with a battered synthetic brush and then erasing with a small bristle brush dipped in clean turpentine.
I rarely throw a brush away, old knackered brushes are great for mark-making and textures.

No comments:

Post a Comment