This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Wednesday 15 May 2019

Dawntree - stage 2

Renaming this so that it ties in better with the painting that it is a study for, "Dawn of the Hamadryad". Although slightly unwilling to add colour to stage 1 as I quite liked it as it was I nevertheless ran some washes of transparent colours over it as I need to try out the look for it that I have in my head. I used thin washes of Ultramarine Blue, Indian Yellow, Magenta and Permanent Sap Green all mixed with plenty of Liquin. I stopped at this point this afternoon as I need to consider where I go from here. I think I need to bring in some red into the tree (Using Alizarin Crimson for this) and keep the green more subtle as I go up the trunk - I will make the final decision over coffee tomorrow morning! 
After the washes I started working into the tree with a mix of Permanent Sap Green and Alizarin Crimson.

No comments:

Post a Comment