This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Thursday 8 August 2013

Terri Blue - stages 1 and 2

Another painting of Terri, this time all in blues. I want the figure to merge with the background so that you see the blue first and then the figure which is why I am not too concerned with any Golden Section considerations for the composition. After "drawing" it up in Burnt Sienna and Liquin in the morning it was dry enough by the afternoon to rub in with a rag a wash of transparent Bright Green Lake onto the background, a wash of Burnt Sienna onto the body and a wash of "black" (Dioxazine Purple, Permanent Sap Green and Alizarin Crimson) onto the hair; all washes were thinned with Liquin and Turpentine. Today I rubbed a wash of Manganese Blue over the background and figure, creating the start of some texture on the background by splashing some Turpentine onto it and then taking off with a rag.

No comments:

Post a Comment