This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Monday 26 August 2013

Cannaregio Fog

Another foggy Venice painting, Cannaregio is a district or sestiere of the city away from the tourist hot spot of San Marco. Winter is a good time to go to Venice as it is relatively quiet and when walking around it on a foggy day or at dusk is very mysterious - shades of "Don't Look Now" the movie. The picture is based around a violet-green combination as I feel these colours go together very well and is a chance to try and get that particular green that the water in Venetian canals has.  This painting, along with it's companion picture "La Nebbia" will be exhibited at the forthcoming Brighton Art Fair in September. 16" x 16" oil on canvas.

No comments:

Post a Comment