This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Sunday 18 August 2013

La Nebbia

"La Nebbia" means fog in Italian and is another of my "soft" paintings on canvas. I find that canvas is an ideal surface to paint in a "soft" way, this picture being much more monochromatic than recent more colourful paintings. The setting is very near the Rialto on the Grand Canal in Venice, the building at left (the subject of a previous painting a couple of years ago) is on the Fondamenta de la Preson. It was very different when I was actually there, the lighting here is invented; the primary reason for the painting was to try to achieve the diffuse, relatively monochromatic lighting and mood I wanted, the subject is just the setting I chose to try the idea out. This was painted over a previous try at a foggy Venice scene, also called "La Nebbia" which can be seen in it's early stages on this blog. 16" x 16" oil on canvas.

No comments:

Post a Comment