This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Thursday 8 August 2013

La Nebbia - stages 1 and 2

While I wait for the washes and glazes to dry on "Terri Blue" I thought that I would get on with a painting that is completely different, "La Nebbia" (fog in Italian). In contrast to the rich colours of recent paintings this one will be tonal and desaturated in colour, based on a yellow/violet complementary scheme. Most of the painting will be in desaturated violet greys apart from one yellow light on the wall near the far end of the bridge and it's reflections in the water. It was first "drawn" up in the "black" I had left over from "Terri Blue" in the morning and then a wash thinned with Liquin and turpentine of a mix of Dioxazine Purple, Transparent Maroon and Ultramarine Blue was applied with a rag over the whole canvas in the late afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment