This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Monday 7 November 2022

Underworld - stage 1


 Finally getting into painting again after a three week lay off due to going to the USA for IX and then dealing with stuff like my tax accounts when I got back. 

I have noticed that the prizewinners in art competitions that have a Fantasy bias are always figurative works and never landscapes so I am moved to see if I can come up with something figurative next. To this end I have decided to paint a picture of Hecate, the Greek goddess of The Underworld and have my usual model Naomi coming over on Thursday for the photographic session for the figure of Hecate. In the meantime I have decided to get on with a small study of how I might approach the background...

This is the initial tonal underpainting which was first blocked in with a rag before I started to use brushes using a mix of Prussian Blue, Phthalocyanine Green and Permanent Orange thinned with Liquin.

Oil on fine cotton 16" x 12".

No comments:

Post a Comment