This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Wednesday 23 November 2022

A Sacred Space - stage 1


 While I wait for "The Singing Tree" to dry I thought that I would get on with another one in this tree series, This one also comes out of a combination of a Midjourney piece, my imagination and memories of seeing the remains of a Wiccan (?) ceremony in Kingley Vale some years ago. The Midjourney piece (shown at the bottom of this post) triggered the idea by the way the light has pooled into one area below the tree and immediately put in my mind what I saw at Kingley Vale that morning.

For this tonal underpainting I thought that I would try a number of colours instead of the usual monochrome. The colours I used were: Burnt Sienna, Dioxazine Purple, Permanent Orange, Yellow Lake Deep, Manganese Blue Hue, Phthalocyanine Green, Lemon Yellow and Zinc White.

Oil on Fine cotton 16" x 12".

Midjourney

 

No comments:

Post a Comment