This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Monday 21 November 2022

Daphne


 I was originally intending to start a figurative painting of Hecate Greek goddess of The Underworld but seem to have been sidetracked into one of my periods of trying things out (seems to happen about once a year particularly after I have been to IX) so as ever I'm willing to see where this goes. The current theme seems to be trees so I will follow the trail and see where it leads, hopefully what I learn will inform the Hecate painting when I get to start it. 

I have been trying some things in Midjourney which has set me off on this current trail. The Midjourney piece that was behind Daphne (which is at the bottom of this post) came out of the jumble of shapes on the left looking like a fleeing figure which in turn led to the idea of having a figure of Daphne the Greek goddess being turned into a tree by Apollo. I decided to just go for it at the tonal underpainting stage and see what I could come up with using the basic shape of the tree in the Midjourney piece as a starter. As ever I am not totally over the Moon as to how it has come out but maybe I'm just too close to it. I already have the idea for the next tree painting...

Oil on fine cotton 16" x 12".

There is a short step-by-step progress though this painting including the colours I used in previous posts on this blog.

Midjourney


No comments:

Post a Comment