This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Wednesday 30 November 2022

A Sacred Space


 This is another tree painting with it's roots in a Midjourney piece (pun intended). I liked the pooling of light at the bottom of the tree and somehow triggered a memory of when I came across the remains of a Wiccan (?) ceremony in the ancient yew forest of Kingley Vale some years ago. The people that know about these things will notice that I have mixed together two seasons as corn dollies are associated with the end of the harvest season whereas I have set them in an Autumnal/Winter scenario.... artistic license in operation.... 

I am kind of thinking that I could have left out the artefacts and might have been a better painting but I liked the idea of the painting having more of a context to it rather than just being a straight landscape painting.

Oil on fine cotton 16" x 12".

There is a step-by-step progress through this painting in previous posts on this blog.

Midjourney

 
Kingley Vale

No comments:

Post a Comment