This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Tuesday 30 November 2021

Lonesome


 This one follows on from "Cold Front" where there is a desolate landscape with a dramatic sky that nobody sees as there is nobody around to this one wherein there is another desolate high desert landscape but this time there is an indication of human presence. A snow covered track in the foreground leads to a distant solitary light suggesting that somewhere out there is somebody's home hence the title "Lonesome" which occurred to me the moment I conceived the idea for the painting and never found a reason to change it. I was going to make the sky more dramatic and threatening but I thought it would be better to have a more lyrical feeling to the picture that is set at dusk, my favourite time of day. I was also tempted to put in some warmer colour in the sky near the horizon but again I decided against it so that it would not distract the eye away from the single point of warm light which is actually the whole point of the painting, no pun intended!

This is another of my paintings which could be in either my Roadside America or The Big Sky series. Oil on linen 22" x 16".

There is a step-by-step progress through this painting including the colours I used in previous posts on this blog.

1 comment: