This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Tuesday 2 November 2021

Galata Sunrise - stage 1


 This is only a working title at the moment and isn't really stage one either but I forgot to photograph the basic drawing so here we are...

I was originally going to start another Roadside America painting, a rainy one but I haven't found a location that I'm happy with yet so I thought that I would get on with an Orientalist one instead for my November slot on Every Day Original - except by the looks of it the slot might be coming up in December...

This is a view looking along the old Galata Bridge towards the European side of Istanbul (I will put a few figures in later on) and thought it would be nice to carry on with the different way I'm painting skies at the moment and do a soft dawn sky which would suit an Orientalist picture like this. I don't want the city and bridge to be too dark and trying to keep it a dusty red brick colour with some smoke and morning mist around. I'm glad I introduced that yellow in the sky at right as that will vary the colour and allow me to introduce it's complementary, violet into it as well.

Colours used so far: Winsor Violet, Ultramarine Violet, Ultramarine Blue, Burnt Sienna, Permanent Orange, Brilliant Pink, Alizarin Crimson, Lead Tin Yellow Lemon, Warm White Yellow, Zinc White and Warm White.

Oil on fine cotton 16" x 12".

No comments:

Post a Comment