This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Tuesday 18 August 2020

Snow on the Sagebrush

 Not every painting turns out OK and this is no exception. I have to remember I was trying something so it was always going to be hit and miss. I think it's neither one thing or the other, I was too timid in a way, trying to combine things that maybe don't go together. In recent paintings I have been managing to get a nice sense of distance which this doesn't have at all and the background mesas don't work against the flat sky. Also, I need to get my painting of bushes etc better, they look too generic and have no sense of something that has been looked at properly and painted accordingly.

So in short I don't like this one. But in a way it's good, I have learnt something that would have happened only if I had tried this out. I know what not to do again as well as realising that I need to brush up my skills in depicting leaves, bushes etc.

Oil on linen 20" x 16".

There is a step-by-step progress through this painting including what colours I used in previous posts on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment