This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Saturday 22 August 2020

Autumn Leaves - stages 1 & 2

 

Following on from the last painting I am brushing up my skills on trees, leaves etc. When I had finished stage 1 I was tempted to paint it my usual way with transparent paint and work it up as a monochrome, safe territory but I ain't gonna learn anything as I was intending to use thicker opaque paint on this one. So I looked at it this morning and decided to go with my original intention and be prepared to f*** it up as otherwise I'm not going to move forward. After all I can always do another as a monochrome if I so wish (I won't).

Stage 1 was "drawn" up with a fairly battered bristle brush using Transparent Oxide Red, Transparent Oxide Yellow and Transparent Oxide Brown all thinned with Liquin.

Stage 2 used mixes of the following colours: Prussian Blue, Winsor Violet, Permanent Orange, Bright Green Lake, Permanent Sap Green, Yellow Lake Deep, Naples Yellow, Cadmium Yellow Light, Lead Tin Yellow Lemon and Zinc White.

Oil on linen 22" x 16".

 

No comments:

Post a Comment