This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Tuesday 17 December 2019

Waiting

This is another of my usual underpainting taken to finish series painted as a monochrome using transparent glazes in this case a mix of Burnt Sienna and Winsor Violet thinned with Liquin. The idea for this one was to work within a narrow range of midtones with no real highlights and no very dark values either, the whole thing being made up of a series of glazes. I like the quality of light that they have which really comes from the white of the canvas showing through the transparent paint layers but is very out of step with the current Look du Jour that is all about thick loose paint and mark making... neither which are present here!
I have no idea if there is any mileage in me doing this figurative work but I needed to try it out; I have other things to try out in this area before I go back to "proper" painting! 
Oil on linen 10" x 12".

No comments:

Post a Comment