This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Sunday 22 December 2019

Rig - stage 1

Carrying on from the last one I am using the same paint mix but over a more saturated lemon background this time. I mixed up acrylic Titanium White with more Cadmium Yellow Light in it and then gave it a coat of Liquin to see if that helps to prevent the background colour from lifting whenever I use any turpentine to rub paint away when drawing up etc. I used the usual mix of Prussian Blue, Winsor Green and Permanent Orange thinned with Liquin to "draw" it up and I will then use the same mix with a rag to put in some tone tomorrow. I did wonder about using the Burnt Sienna/Winsor Violet mix over the lemon background but felt that I needed to try this combination out first.
The location is the vast landscape of Texas which I am hoping to get across with this lone oil rig set against the flat horizon, the sky will hopefully make it all work, we'll get more of an idea tomorrow. I am actually thinking of renaming the series "The Big Sky" instead of "Roadside Apocalypse" as I think it's going to be limiting if I just stick to apocalyptic imagery!
Oil on canvas with acrylic ground 31" x 12 1/2".

No comments:

Post a Comment