This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Saturday 28 December 2019

Rig

I used the same paint mix of Prussian Blue, Winsor Green and Permanent Orange thinned with Liquin as the previous picture on "Rig". I first mixed up acrylic Titanium White and Cadmium Yellow Light for the ground and this time gave it a coat of Liquin when it had dried to see if that would prevent the paint lifting off when I am using turpentine to rub away highlights etc.
I was thinking of using my usual mix of Burnt Sienna and Winsor Violet for this one but I decided I wanted to see how this looked first; in fact I will be using the brown/violet on the lemon backing on another painting about to be started.
I am kind of regretting having the oil rig there now and think it would have been better as just a sky and landscape, to which end I will be trying this out on the upcoming painting I have just mentioned.
The location is the vast landscape of Texas.
I think that I will be renaming this series "The Big Sky" as "Roadside Apocalypse" was going to be limiting me in terms of subject matter, now the theme is the American landscape itself.
31 1/2" x 12" Oil on canvas.

No comments:

Post a Comment