This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Sunday 30 July 2023

Souk Al Medina - stage 1


 OK I'm back to painting after a lay off for about ten days during which I did interesting things like getting my tax books ready....

I think it's just as well that I had that break as I have realised that IX isn't that far away and I need to get some paintings done to take there. In a way I'm a victim of my own recent success as many of the paintings I would have taken are already sold so I have a potential dilemma of marking some upcoming paintings as not for sale so that I can take them to IX - is this a mistake and should always sell when somebody wants to buy it?....

It is also time to abandon for the moment the series that I was working on, I can come back to that afterwards and indeed the other series that I have in mind, "The Golden Hour".

This is the initial tonal underpainting for an Orientalist scene called "Souk Al Medina" and is loosely based on a Midjourney piece. It's my usual mix of Burnt Sienna and Dioxazine Purple thinned with Liquin and applied with a rag and brush.

Oil on fine cotton 16" x 12".

No comments:

Post a Comment