This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Saturday 15 July 2023

Galata - stage 6


 Well I've learned quite a lot from this one, not quite sure what but one thing is for sure I will try avoid all this finicky detail next time for a painting so small (which because of it's size I can't charge for the time it took to paint it). I have painted in all the background so that it's ready to knock back where it needs it tomorrow when I will paint the foreground mosque. I saw this as quite a simple picture but because I hadn't thought through the lighting when it was all drawn up it has taken much longer than I wanted to paint it. This series generally has been a struggle.... hopefully I learn a lot from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment