This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Thursday 13 July 2023

Galata - stage 5


 Finally worked out how I should paint the foreground behind the mosque. Originally I saw it in my mind as light as the background with the mosque dark against it. Then I realised that wouldn't work so I thought that it should be dark near to the darkness of the mosque but then I saw that wouldn't work either.... I have finally settled on lots of highlights hitting the buildings etc in front of the mosque and I can still have the mosque quite dark against it.

I have a funeral to go to tomorrow so I won't be able to finish this until the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment