This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Friday 14 April 2023

The Rain Temple of Iro Ki sold


 "The Rain Temple of Iro Ki" has just sold to a buyer in Japan through IX Gallery. It is particularly pleasing that it is going to Japan as I have only recently become interested in Japanese culture mainly through the woodblock prints of the Shin Hanga movement in the 1930s so I wasn't sure for instance even about the titles I chose for my Japanese paintings. I didn't want to offend anybody if my title meant something other than what I thought it meant! Also I guess I must be doing something right if it is accepted and bought by a Japanese person...

Oil on linen 22" x 16"

No comments:

Post a Comment