This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Thursday 13 April 2023

Midnight Medina


 I am carrying on the general theme of nocturnes with a single light source that began in "The Sleeping City" series into a new series called "Arabian Night" of Orientalist paintings. Oddly enough though this painting also looks a bit like Venice at night, a subject that I have painted many times over the years and which I feel I need to return to... whether this series morphs into Venice is unclear at this point. 

This painting is based on a Midjourney piece but as you can see as I use Midjourney as a composition generator I have really only used the structure and lighting and everything else is redrawn/invented in terms of content. The Midjourney piece can be seen at the bottom of this post.

Oil on fine cotton 16" x 12".

There is a step-by-step progress through this painting in previous posts on this blog.

Midjourney


No comments:

Post a Comment