This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Sunday 30 April 2023

Kasbah Layla - stage 1


 The fourth in my "Arabian Night" series this one is actually set in Morocco so not really Arabian.... This is an imaginary Berber Kasbah fortress village in the Atlas Mountains area of Morocco where the architecture is quite distinctive and different to other Islamic architecture. This one is a follow on from the previous "The Empty Quarter" in that I will be using similar lighting but there will be more emphasis on the reds in the foreground Kasbah set against the blues of the sky.

This is the initial tonal underpainting stage using my usual mix of Burnt Sienna and Dioxazine Purple thinned with Liquin and applied with a rag and flat brush.

Oil on fine cotton 16" x 12".

No comments:

Post a Comment