This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Thursday 6 April 2023

The City Awakes

 


I think it's time to move on from the "The Sleeping City" series at least for a while but I thought that this would be a nice coda to the present run of paintings as we see the city start to wake at daybreak. I have pushed the lighting on this one to try and show the first burst of sunlight hitting the still darkened streets to try and get the idea across better. I decided to have just one figure in the street to keep in with previous paintings, maybe he's off to his cleaning job in one of the office blocks...

I am rarely happy with a painting and this one is no exception as I'm not sure if I like the colours I used but maybe I'm too close to it and need to think of how it must look to somebody seeing it for the first time. Ho hum.

No idea what the next series is going to be...

Oil on linen 22" x 16"

There is a step-by-step progress through this painting in previous posts on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment