This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Saturday 17 December 2022

Torii


 This one has a slightly chequered  history in that it was originally conceived with a Japanese Torii gate in the background which I then had second thoughts about. But after posting the first stage on Instagram I got some feedback from a couple of people that I should indeed put the Torii in and also to make it foggy which the first stage kind of suggested. I thought about this and decided to go along with these suggestions. I wanted to keep it pretty unsaturated in colour but still to base it on a blue/orange colour complementary. This will probably be my last tree paintiing for a while... but who knows I might change my mind.

Oil on fine cotton 16" x 12".

There is a short step-by-step progress through this painting in previous posts on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment