This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Wednesday 14 December 2022

Torii - stages 2 & 3

Stage 2

 I didn't get a chance to post yesterday's progress so here are both stages to date. In stage 2 I sketched in the silhouettes of the Japanese Torii gate and temple after some suggestions from people on Instagram to include a Torii gate and to make it foggy which I thought were decent suggestions. I then roughed in an early pass of a mix of Phthalocyanine Blue and Green and Permanent Orange on the tree and left it at that.

Today I painted a second pass of that mix on the tree and then painted in a desaturated mix of the same colours but mixed with Warm White and Lemon Yellow over the background together with a mix of Permanent Orange, Lemon Yellow, Yellow Lake Deep and Warm White near the horizon. After that the light wasn't good enough to work any more in the studio so I have left it like this, besides which I would like to have a look at it over tomorrow morning's breakfast coffee and see if I'm happy with where it's going - I might for instance decide to knock the tree back into the fog....

Stage 3

 

No comments:

Post a Comment