This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Wednesday 9 November 2022

Underworld - stage 3


 Painted in some colour into the sky and painted in the rest of the foreground trees. I stopped here as I need to look at all this over tomorrow morning's breakfast coffee to see the way forward. It was tempting to leave it all monochrome but that wasn't the purpose of this painting and is meant to be kind of a study for the upcoming "Hecate" painting. The idea behind this is having a kind of daylight sky (although it is ambiguous and could be a night sky) to separate it from the trees and landscape below as though it is another world where daylight doesn't penetrate. This may or may not work...

Colours used: Phthalocyanine Blue, Manganese Blue Hue, Phthalocyanine Green, Emerald Green, Pale Violet, Permanent Orange, Lemon Yellow, Pale Light Yellow and Zinc White.

No comments:

Post a Comment