This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Thursday 24 November 2022

The Singing Tree


 Carrying on with the tree theme this is another painting with it's origins in Midjourney (shown at end of post) the title immediately arriving before I started painting it so I guess the painting wanted to be called this. As usual the Midjourney piece triggered the idea of some steps leading to a kind of platform at the base of the central tree and as the painting wanted to be called The Singing Tree it seemed obvious to have a small figure there with the pose maybe suggesting someone was singing... to the tree? Anyway the painting is as much about lighting as anything else and after initially thinking of having a Maxfield Parrish look to it I decided to go for a misty morning light instead. With all these tree pictures I want them to look like a painting as opposed to the more photographic look that I tend towards.

Oil on fine cotton 12" x 16".

There is a short step-by-step progress through this painting in previous posts on this blog.

Midjourney

 

No comments:

Post a Comment