This is where my latest work can be seen including step-by-step progress reports, news and merchandising as well as features on artists, living and dead who I would like to draw people's attention to. Please note all my images are covered by International Copyright laws. Copyright to other artists images resides with the artist or their estate, their inclusion on this blog a result of my missionary zeal and to no profit for myself!

Monday 21 November 2022

The Singing Tree - stage 1


 Well I seem to be carrying on with this tree theme so here's another one. I'm still not particularly happy with the first two so I'm having another go. As before this is from a Midjourney piece that is the trigger for the painting, the title arrived immediately so I'm staying with it as obviously the painting wants to be called this. There will be a small figure at the top of the steps. 

I tried something different with the tonal underpainting on this one and used a background blue colour in the top half and then used a warmer mix for the rest of the tree and foreground etc.

Colours used: Prussian Blue, Transparent Red Oxide, Dioxazine Purple and Permanent Orange.

Oil on fine cotton 12" x 16".

Midjourney


No comments:

Post a Comment